Radial Tire of Elk Grove

Thread: Brickhouse Restaurant owners to open deli across the street in Old Town Elk Grove

Brickhouse Restaurant owners to open deli across the street in Old Town Elk Grove

This is good news for the area. Sounds like it will be in the former Boba's Teas location in Old Town near Elk Grove Safe and Lock.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/03/562...ers-build.html

Cathie Anderson: Brick House owners build on Elk Grove success with new deli
    By Cathie Anderson
    [email protected]
    Published: Saturday, Aug. 3, 2013 - 12:00 am | Page 1B
    Last Modified: Monday, Aug. 5, 2013 - 10:42 am

The Cassella brothers want the works salamis, pancetta, mortadella and plenty of fine cheeses. And they'll be selling all of it by the pound at a new delicatessen they plan to open Sept. 17 in Elk Grove.

"I've always wanted to open up a delicatessen. I just get giddy even thinking about it," said Geno Cassella. "You know, as a little kid, we went to Lucca Delicatessen and Molinari Delicatessen. My dad used to take us to San Francisco all the time. When I think of a deli, I think of that Old World, cluttered, Italian 'Hey, what kinda meatball you want?' attitude when you walk in."

Geno and Franco Cassella got their start in Elk Grove about seven years ago with the Brick House Restaurant & Lounge at 9027 Elk Grove Blvd. Their new deli, Cassella Brothers' The Italian Delicatessen & Fine Foods, will be across the street.

"It's not like I have to drive an additional 25 or 30 minutes to watch two businesses," Geno Cassella said. "I've got both of them right here."

Brick House broke even in its first two years and has grown by 10 to 15 percent each year since then, Cassella said. The menu started out with the kind of meat-and-pasta Italian fare that their grandfather enjoyed, but they have added vegetarian options, plates with smaller portions and happy hour appetizers as guests made suggestions.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/03/562...#storylink=cpy
    Fate rarely calls on us at a time of our own choosing.

The premier Elk Grove online community forum

I cant wait! I've know about this for some time now. These guys do it right! They have made it through the tough times in the restaurant business and that alone says a lot. Being in the food business I know a good and proud restaurant owner when I see it. These guys have stayed on top of their menus and even as hard as it is some times to raise your prices it show that it works when you have good service and scratch style cooking! Love them or hate them they are successful!
    I am very proud of them and look forward to supporting their new adventure was well as the Brickhouse!

The family has been an asset to old Elk Grove and they all are also fabulous neighbors! I am looking forward to the deli!