Bravo's Soup & Sandwiches

Thread: Buy Buy Baby

Buy Buy Baby

A new store is going into the old Linens and Things location. That's good news for the city. One less vacant big box store.

Buy Buy Baby

Baby Product Retailer to Open Elk Grove Location

Buy Buy Baby says their 31,000-square-foot store will welcome customers beginning this summer.

By Felicia Mello | Email the author | 5:02pm

In the market for strollers, swings or snugglies? Buy Buy Baby, a subsidiary of Bed Bath & Beyond that carries products for infants and toddlers, plans to open a 31,000-square-foot store in Elk Grove this coming summer.

The company will take over the former Linens 'N' Things building on Laguna Blvd, in the same shopping center as Target, and offer toys, clothing and furniture in addition to staples like diapers and lotion.

Buy Buy Baby currently operates just over 40 stores nationwide. Spokesperson Bari Fagin said the company chose to bring its big-box-for-little-ones concept to Elk Grove because of the large number of families with young children in the city.

"We always look for places where customers will appreciate our vast assortment of items and our customer service, and we feel that Elk Grove is such a location," she said.

Fagin declined to comment on how many jobs the new store would create.

The former Linens 'N' Things store isn't the only Elk Grove commercial property getting a new lease on life. California Northstate College of Pharmacy recently announced that it will open its new campus in the building on West Taron Drive that used to house an American Automobile Association call center.

"Itís encouraging for the city to see these once-vacant buildings now being filled with new businesses," said city spokesperson Christine Brainerd.
    Fate rarely calls on us at a time of our own choosing.

The premier Elk Grove online community forum

That's a lot of baby items! Carter's is also going in where KB Toys use to be, I hope they do well

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    That's a lot of baby items! Carter's is also going in where KB Toys use to be, I hope they do well
    Is there really a big demand for this market? Not so sure.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Finally!!! Of course NOW these stores go in when I no longer have "babies." YES there is a demand for this market. Yes, yes, yes!! I love Carters!!! (Never heard of the other) I hope they beat the socks off of Babies R Us. I wanted them to come to EG for so long and now that they have a mini-store inside of Toys R Us, I find that they are rather expensive.

With a baby on the way, I am looking forward to these stores! When I had my little girl a few years ago, I had to do all my shopping through Goores, Babies R Us, Amazon and other online retailers. It will be nice to have some options close to home.

Thats good for employment and tax dollars but I don't have kids so I will not be shopping there.

How about a single man store....??

Quote Originally Posted by CJay916 View Post
    Thats good for employment and tax dollars but I don't have kids so I will not be shopping there.

How about a single man store....??
    I think that is called Strikes or EG Sports Bar. ;-)
    Fate rarely calls on us at a time of our own choosing.

The premier Elk Grove online community forum

Quote Originally Posted by DocS44 View Post
    I think that is called Strikes or EG Sports Bar. ;-)
    I prefer BJ's or Logans.... :-)