Noah's Ark Pet Grooming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I need to show ID to make a return with a receipt?

Why do I need to show ID to make a return with a receipt?

I went to casual corner to make a return for a 10.00 item tag attached even still in their bag with a receipt. The lady said she needed to see my ID to make the return. I said I didn't show ID to purchase why should I show ID to return, it? The claim was it is company policy and they may need to contact me because it was a cash return and sometimes they contact customers when the register is short. Still doesn't explain why you need my ID you could ask me for my contact info and I would give it to you. Bottom line I did refuse and they had to do it with out my ID but the main reason it bugs me is because I have had a case of identity theft i'm not sure how they did it but it happened when JCpenny had an outlet in the old florin mall. MAybe they somehow took a picture of my info while they had it in their hands or something. but my bank account was accessed and purchases were made with my debit card number I actually had the card and new accounts were opened in my name around the same time so I really dont want my ID swiped by anyone or just handing over my license to people anymore.

What is the deal with requiring ID to make a return with a receipt?

It probably has to do with theives trying to return stolen items.
    "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." MJ

Supe, I think that is the reasoning when you make returns without a receipt. With a receipt, isn't that supposed to be proof that you actually bought the item?

I don't think the drawer being short excuse holds water. How would they contact all the other customers who made purchases with cash that day? Sounds weird. I wonder what the privacy policies of retail places like that are and if they use that information for mailing lists.

I'm with Joy, since when do thieves walk
    around with receipts for the items they steal? ;o)
    That's an interesting policy. Sometimes I send my kids in to return things for me(the older ones...) what good would their I.D. do?

Thats my point I dont know why you need it IF you have a receipt no receipts all bets are off you want to return something you suffer through the hoops. All it does is make me change my shopping habits I don't shop at places that want to ID me to do an exchange or return with a receipt. So now Causual Corner is off my list.

Charter Member
    Racial profiling... report it.

Based on what she likes a dark colored soda? ;-)
    Fate rarely calls on us at a time of our own choosing.

The premier Elk Grove online community forum

oh Doc, you silly boy...
    Ila Mae or May Not

Quote Originally Posted by DocS44 View Post
    Based on what she likes a dark colored soda? ;-)
    Those dark colored sodas are going to get you everytime!!! I'm guilty of drinking those dark colored sodas too!!!!
    “Riding a motorcycle is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that”

Charter Member
    Exactly.